Did you get engaged this winter? Being newly engaged is amazing. Everyone is congratulating you. You get to look forward to a day devoted to you and the love of your life! Not mention getting the opportunity to show off your gorgeous new bling!
Now it’s time to start planning! Where to start? At first, planning a wedding can seem very overwhelming. But, a wedding checklist can help make the process easier and less stressful. Keep in mind that a typical planning timeline is 12 months. However, don’t believe anyone who says you cannot plan a wedding in less than a year.
10-12 Months Before…
- Start your budget-what do you want to save on or splurge on?
- Start browsing bridal blogs and magazines to identify your bridal style and color palette.
- Compile a preliminary guest list.
- Choose your wedding party-who do you want standing next to you at the altar?Find a place for your ceremony and reception and reserve your date!
- Consider sending out save the dates.
- Say yes to your dress.
- Candlelite Bridal offers a style for every bride! We carry DaVinci Bridal, Mary's Bridal, and our brand new line, Rebecca Ingram by Maggie Sottero. We are proud to serve Lorain County for over 20 years. Stop in or make an appointment to browse our selection.
- Already feeling overwhelmed? Hire a wedding planner if it's in your budget!
- Hire your vendors (if necessary) such as caterers, photographers/videographer, or Officiant.
6-9 Months Before….
- Decide on your floral arrangements.
- Sample some cake.
- Hire the DJ/Entertainment.
- Decide what you want your invitations to look like.
- Create your gift registry!
- Arrange hotel blocks for out of town guests and book your suite for the wedding night.
- Shop for bridesmaid/flower girl/mothers dresses
- Candlelite Bridal offers over 90 styles of bridesmaid dresses. If you purchase your bridal gown with us and bridesmaid dresses, you will receive 10% off your entire party! All dresses can be customized to match your color palette so your bridesmaids will look perfect on the big day.
- Arrange and book any transportation needed.
- Go over any details for the bridal shower/bachelorette party with the person hosting your party!
3-5 Months Before…
- Book the rehearsal dinner locations.
- Decide who’s on the guest list for the rehearsal dinner.
- Reserve any necessary linens.
- Order wedding favors for your guests!
- Shop for and reserve men’s formalwear.
- Concentrate on finalizing:
- The guest list
- Invitation wording
- Ceremony reading and vows
- Menu, beverages, and catering details
- Timeline of reception
- Do your hair and makeup trials and book your stylists for the big day.
- Shop for and purchase your wedding rings.
- Finalize honeymoon plans.
6-8 Weeks to Go…
You’re getting so close!
- Mail those invitations and have a way to record RSVPs.
- Touch base with your vendors to confirm dates, deposits, and details.
- Start researching marriage license requirements and name-change paperwork.
- Begin your fittings. Make sure you have all your accessories!
- Can’t dance? Consider taking dance lessons with your fiance.
- Write thank you notes for wedding shower gifts and early wedding presents!
3-5 Weeks Before….
- Send out rehearsal dinner invites!
- Wedding vows and readings with your Officiant.
- Shot list with your photographer/videographer.
- Song list for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception with your DJ or band
- Timeline for receptions and who’s giving toasts.
- Wedding night accommodations.
- Obtain marriage license and complete name-change documents.
- Pick up wedding rings.
- If you planning a traditional wedding, do you have something old, new, borrowed, and blue?
- Consider buying gifts for the wedding party.
- Have your final dress fitting. Bring shoes and any accessories to get the full affect.
- Hunt down whoever hasn’t RSVP’d yet….
1-2 Weeks to Go…
- Arrange your seating charts.
- Pick up your gown (Eeek!).
- Confirm arrival times and and finalize wedding timeline with vendors.
- Put together a “day of” emergency kit.
- Start packing for your honeymoon!
The Day Before…
- Make sure everything is laid out and ready to go! Don’t forget the marriage license and rings!
- Figure out tips and payments for vendors and put in the envelopes clearly marked. Give them to someone you trust to hand out later at the reception.
- Assign someone to pack up your gifts/belongings.
- Enjoy a mani-pedi
- Attend the rehearsal dinner. Time to give out the wedding party gifts.
- Get some beauty rest!
The Day of….
- Leave plenty of time to get ready.
- Do rounds at your wedding-greet everyone and thank them for coming.
- Take a minute to soak in this day and appreciate your new spouse!
Don’t get overwhelmed by all the details of planning a wedding! Yes, there’s a lot to do, but if you plan right, your engagement can be full of fun preparation! Let Candlelite Bridal help you ease your stress by helping you find the perfect gown! Call us or stop in to browse our selection of gorgeous gowns.